Labiaplasty Is All the Rage. Don’t Be Shy … Find Out More!
Ladies—let’s get personal for a moment. How do you like your lady parts? If things need a bit of improvement, come see Dr. Sato about labiaplasty. This procedure is very popular, even if it isn’t something most women are comfortable talking about. Try not to be self-conscious, as labiaplasty is nothing to be embarrassed about. We love helping women to rejuvenate themselves from head to toe (down there included).
What Is Labiaplasty?
Labiaplasty—also called labia rejuvenation or labial reduction—is a surgical procedure to restore or enhance the female genitalia. This procedure is highly customized and focuses on the specific aesthetic changes you want to make. Dr. Sato can change the appearance of your labia majora (the outer folds found on either side of the vagina), the labia minora (the inner folds found on either side of the vagina), the clitoral hood, and/or the mons pubis. She’ll work with you to determine the best areas of focus to create a rejuvenated, attractive look. Labiaplasty can be performed on women of all ages, before or after childbirth.
Many women opt for labiaplasty to combat some of the changes to their genitalia after pregnancy and childbirth. This procedure is a common addition to a Mommy Makeover. It is also popular with athletes to reduce rubbing and discomfort.
Is Labiaplasty Right for Me?
Women choose labiaplasty for many reasons including:
- Stretched Out Labia- Sexual intercourse, pregnancy, hormones, and other factors can stretch out the labia. Labiaplasty can restore a more youthful, rejuvenated appearance by decreasing the size of the labia.
- Naturally Large Labia- Some women opt for labiaplasty to decrease the size of their labia. Some women have labia minora that extend outside of the labia majora. We can reduce the size of the labia to increase comfort and create the appearance you prefer.
- Excess Skin on Clitoral Hood- Some women have excess skin on the clitoral hood. This can be reduced.
- Loss of Pubic Padding– With the trend toward less pubic hair, many women are uncomfortable with the loss of pubic padding that can occur during aging. We can use fat grafting to restore a fuller appearance to both the mons pubis and the labia majora.
- Discomfort- Labiaplasty isn’t performed solely for aesthetic reasons, but also for comfort. Stretched out or naturally large labia can be uncomfortable during sports and exercise (especially running and cycling). As you age, the mons pubis can lose fat, leading to painful intercourse. Labiaplasty can increase both comfort and the aesthetics of your genitalia.
Come see Dr. Sato to discuss your options for labiaplasty. As a female plastic surgeon, she understands your concerns and will strive to ensure that the process is as comfortable as possible. Don’t be shy … ask us about labiaplasty!