10 Beauty Tips for a Radiant Winter Season
With the cooler temperatures and changes in weather, winter can be a drying season that affects our skin and hair. Dr. Sato created this list of ten beauty tips for a radiant winter season. Follow these helpful tips and you’ll be looking your best all winter long! For more skincare tips, please contact Dr. Sato.
- Limit your alcohol and caffeine intake to avoid dehydration which can be visible on your face and skin.
- Eat generous servings of fruits and vegetables to enjoy the skincare benefits of proper nutrition.
- Switch from your foaming cleanser to a cream cleanser for a more mild, gently skincare routine.
- Sleep on silk sheets to minimize friction and irritation that can further agitate eczema, psoriasis, and atopic dermatitis.
- Use a hydrating sleep mask at least twice a week to increase the moisture content in your skin while you sleep.
- Invest in a humidifier to increase the moisture level in the air, relieving you of dry skin and sinus irritation.
- Use dry shampoo instead of your regular shampoo every other day to help retain your hair’s natural oil.
- Use cream blush instead of powder blush as the latter can make your face look dry and cakey in the winter.
- Wear makeup in satin and shimmering shades, because mattes can make dry skin look more obvious.
- Wear waterproof mascara and eyeliner, so your makeup doesn’t run when your eyes start to water from cold winds.